Make Your Home Cozy for Christmas
Christmas is my favorite time of year to create a cozy environment in my home. Here are 10 simple and inexpensive ideas to evoke that magical feeling!
1. Bring the outdoors inside. This is a great time of year to use greenery, pine cones, cranberries, and fruits to decorate. Using a variety of natural woods can also make a space feel informal and relaxing.
2. Fill your space with pillows and cushions galore. Make it comfy!
3. Dim the overhead lights and use fire light and twinkling lights. If you don’t have a fireplace, use candles!
4. Get out your throws and blankets and place them all around for warmth and a snuggly feel.
5. Arrange your seating areas so that they are conducive to togetherness and conversation.
6. Use warm colors. Deep reds, rich browns, and glowing golds can make a room feel homey during the winter months.
7. Create a hospitable environment with warm drinks by making a place for a hot cocoa station or coffee bar. I don’t know about you, but I crave warm drinks in the winter!
8. What a great time of year to display keepsakes, photographs, and Christmas cards from your friends and family. Visitors will feel special when they see their picture, card, or gift on display in your home.
Image Via A Party Style